PROF. PACO VERAS
For the very beginning of a person ́s life, he or she has human rights without distinction or discrimination of any kind such as race, color, sex, language, religion, opinion, social origin, or others.
A person younger than 18 years of age is considered to be a child. Most children cannot completely protect and take care of themselves. They depend on adults ́ protection and care. When a child doesn ́t have his or her rights respected, one should encourage him or her to talk to a caring adult. One may
also want to talk to an adult about the situation to make sure the child gets help. Some adults do not know about human rights and do not teach children about them.
Unfortunately, millions of children all over the world can not assert their rights. To guarantee the human rights of children is to invest in the future . From: Mine and yours – Human Rights for kids by Joe Berry for Amnesty International USA.
Right – direito
Such as – tais como
Child – criança
Can – poder
One – alguém
Make sure – certificar-se
Teach – ensinar
Beginning – início
Know – conhecer
1. O tema central do texto é:
A) A defesa dos direitos humanos.
B) A defesa dos direitos humanos das crianças.
C) Os direitos humanos, de maneira geral.
D) Os milhões de crianças nas ruas das cidades.
E) A má distribuição de renda.
2. O verbo assert, na frase em destaque no texto tem sentido equivalente a:
A) fazer valer B) pra valer C) ser D) entender E) assinar
3. Marque T(true), para as alternativas corretas e F(false), para as alternativas falsas e marque a
alternativa correta, de acordo com o texto:
( ) A partir do momento que você nasce, você já tem direitos.
( ) Muitas crianças pelo mundo inteiro, podem garantir seus direitos.
( ) Quando cuidamos dos direitos das crianças, estamos cuidando do futuro.
( ) Todos os seres humanos conhecem seus direitos.
A) T, F,T,F B) T,T,T,T C) F,F,F,F D) F,T,F,T E) T,T,T,F
4. (Unirio- Adaptada) LONELINESS EVERYONE SOMETIMES
Loneliness itself is hard to define. People aren’t always lonely when they’re alone, but they can feel lonely when surrounded by other people.
A palavra CAN em “…but they can feel lonely when surrounded by other people”, expressa:
A) obligation. B) necessity. C) permission. D) possibility. E) intention.
bs: loneliness – solidã; hard- difíci; feel- senti; other- outros(as)
5. (Uel) Assinale a alternativa que preenche corretamente a lacuna da frase a seguir. “Excuse me, sir. …… you tell me the time?” “Sure, it’s 5:20.”
A) May B) Do C) Can D) Have E) Shall
6. (Uel) Assinale a alternativa que preenche corretamente a lacuna da frase a seguir. We …… hurry. The bus leaves in 10 minutes.
A) can C) do E) would B) must D) did
7. Leia o trecho abaixo e marque a alternativa, onde se encontram os modais que completam adequadamente os espaços em branco: “If you wanna be a true human being, with true values of compassion and humanity. You _____ look at the other people as they were another “you” ”. You don ́t ______ pretend it, you have to feel it.
A) must, have to B) must, must C) have to, have to D) should, should E) sho, might
8. Marque a alternativa, na qual, entende -se o discurso como uma obrigação, algo que tem que ser feito, ou seja não há opções. Claire ́s mother says to her husband: (say- dizer, be careful- estar atento(a))
A) Claire, must be careful about her actions, on the contrary, she will pay for them.
B) Claire has to be careful about her actions, on the contrary, she will pay for them.
C) Claire have to be careful about her actions, on the contrary, she will pay for them.
D) Claire should to be careful about her actions, on the contrary, she will pay for them.
E) Claire shouldn ́t to be careful about her actions, on the contrary, she will pay for them.
9. (Unesp) Assinale a alternativa corrreta: The doctor _____ took care of Mrs. Jones, told her to
eat less, because it could be very bad for her baby.
(Take care – cuidar)
A) where B) what C) whose D) who E) whom
10. (Unesp) Nelson Mandela, a great man _______ stayed in prison for more than 20 years, is now another person, due to the pain he felt over the years.
A) Who B) which C) how D) whose E) whom